The session will be split into 2 parts . Part A will serve as an Introduction to the Module and the Learning software System being used on the workshop. Part B will be an Overview of Global Business.
Students will be introduced to the Global marketing management System online software available on www.gmmso4.com We will be using this software for the PC workshops.Please use the Purchase codes listed against your name below to register on the software. To know more about this software, a user guide is available too.
The first seminar will focus on the Group Formation. Issue of Purchase Codes for the software and user registration on the GMMSO4 software
Some key points for the students
Once the group is formed, get to know your Group and select a company that you would like to take to a new market.
Choosing a company for your entry project
You may wish to choose ANY company of your choice as long as they can meet the internationalization criteria.
any company from the FTSE alternative Investment market (AIM) AIM is the London Stock Exchange’s international market for smaller growing companies. More information onhttp://www.londonstockexchange.com/companies-and-advisors/aim/aim/aim.htm .
You can search for companies in a region/sector and download a free company profile. http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/companies-and-advisors/aim/for-companies/information-search/aim-company-search.htm
Student activity after this lecture
Please read on the Internationalization Theories. Chapter 3 of the Going Global – A practical guide book can be a starting point.
- Group members should have convened an initial meeting to discuss about a possible industry/company to internationalise
- Each student should have checked their Group formation and initiated contact with other group members
- Each student should have registered as a user on GMMSO4 – www.gmmso4.com using the purchase codes provided
Reading for week 2
- Chapter 6 Understanding the Position of the Firm in George, S., Paladini, S., and Janavaras, B. (2013) Going Global, a Practical Guide. Harlow, Essex: Pearson Education Limited.
- Chapter 7 Company Resources and Capabilities in George, S., Paladini, S., and Janavaras, B. (2013) Going Global, a Practical Guide. Harlow, Essex: Pearson Education Limited.
- Chapter 23 The Case Nissan Leaf seeking a new market in China in George, S., Paladini, S., and Janavaras, B. (2013) Going Global, a Practical Guide. Harlow, Essex: Pearson Education Limited.